вторник, 16 октября 2012 г.

Computer and Video Games



In my previous posts I was sharing my ideas about  topics like digital stories, blogs ,wikis  and other technological issues which can be used in the 21 st century classroom environment. My today`s post is connected with video and computer  games. To tell the truth it is a little bit difficult for me to talk about video games as I am not a gamer at all. I have never  played   games  especially commercial games  as  I found them boring  and time consuming.  But  as we know there is a slide difference  between commercial and educational games. So I prefer educational ones.
As  the professor Sasha Barab mentions  educational games help kids to see the things like in the real world.Actually I tried some educational games with my nephew he is 5 years old . He was so excited and enthusiastic about that games. But here we should be very careful with the safety of the websites, that is why I was sitting with hi all the time. For the sake of my internship  I take some ideas for my classes from the educational games and they are really very useful. In the 21 st century  people like to play games especially boys. Parents in many cases could not forbid their  kids to stay far from computers and not to play. Once there was a program where a boy was telling his  mother that he would throw himself out of the window if his parents would not let him play video games. I think that is terrible. By all means games can have negative effect on kids psychology. Of course, we know that certain commercial  games create aggression in kids. Many parents do not  pay attention on such things but for me it  is really very important.  But on the other side as professor Patricia Marks Greenfield  claims, (1984) those who play computer games adjust their “strategies of attentional deployment". We can  see that computer games may have a positive effect either. Personally I do not think that something could be changed  even if that certain games effect on  gamers  negatively. I am sure  children or people in general like computer games as here they can  try and do things  which they cannot try in real life. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий