четверг, 4 октября 2012 г.

Digital Storytelling and Video Making


My previous reflections were based on some  other technological innovations like wikis, podcast, digital children and so on. This time I am going to share my impressions about digital storytelling and digital videos. Firstly I would like to say that was Amazing. I have never done such things before. I liked the process of shooting the video with Nairuhi that was great. It is interesting that I liked blogging and wikis a lot but believe me digital videos were the best for me. According  to Tsou,(2006), and  Wan(2005) storytelling is a  powerful and practical teaching tool especially for 21st century students .So as a future 21st century teacher  I would definitely  use digital storytelling and videos for my classes. I hope seeing my enthusiasm my students   will have the same felling. Before our class I have never used Movie Maker, to tell the truth I even did not  know about its existence. Firstly we did digital storytelling with pictures and music some of my peers did with Movie Maker others with Power Point. But during digital video making I was so excited  that I cannot compare that feeling with digital storytelling. It would be a little bit challenging to use digital storytelling and videos especially in my city but teachers should do their best to  help the students.  For the sake of that teachers  should provide with  samples  and explanations in order to help some students to overcome all obstacles that they may have  connected with technology. Yesterday  one school girl asked me about Power Point slides and how to use them for her classes. Their teacher gave them an assignment without explanation. So many students face such problems. I think in that cases the teacher made a big mistake. That  is to say children develop their digital literacy with the help of technology. The traditional way of teaching is not interesting anymore and mostly  not effective. As Davis, (2004) claims digital storytelling enriches students vocabulary and storytelling strategies. Digital video making can play an essential role in students pronunciation and speaking skills development. As an assignment  students can shoot any topic and use language simultaneously that would be great. For instance students can do digital videos independently or as a group work. In both cases the usage of language and their creativity  can be apparent. 



Link  for the image: http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&biw=1366&bih=600&tbm=isch&tbnid=-4Lslg9LcjtrZM:&imgrefurl=http://langwitches.org/blog/2008/04/19/digital-storytelling-part-i/&docid=sgIYwGrAAhPDEM&imgurl=http://langwitches.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/collaborate-communicate-con.jpg&w=500&h=354&ei=0UaIUNXeGZChiAfYn4DQBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=650&vpy=278&dur=391&hovh=188&hov

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий